Leading body for prepaid and fintech announces the appointment of two new directors
London, 30 October 2018 - PIF, the not-for-profit industry body representing organisations in the high-growth prepaid and fintech sectors, has today announced the appointment of two new non-executive directors.
Jason Field, Director, FinTech & EMIs at Mastercard and Kevin McAdam, Vice President of Card Services & Global Strategy at Global Processing Services join the PIF Board with immediate effect.
PIF Chairman, Craig James commented:
"We're delighted to welcome Jason and Kevin to the PIF Board of Directors. They will each bring valuable insights, expertise and energy to our organisation and we are very fortunate to have them by our side.
"The adoption of prepaid technology is accelerating, due in no small measure to the unity among stakeholders in our industry. There is no better example of these collaborative efforts than PIF which is governed by proponents of prepaid and fintech who work together for the common good of our members and the industry. I would like to pay tribute to our outgoing directors, Darren Deal and Suresh Vaghjiani for their dedication and support."
Jason and Kevin's appointments bring the number of Board members to twelve. The full Board comprises:
- Diane Brocklebank, Commercial Director, PIF
- Declan Byrne, Group Director, GVS Prepaid/One4all
- Des Hellicar-Bowman, Chief Compliance Officer, Glint
- Chris Ellis, Director, Bowsprit International
- Jason Field, Director, FinTech & EMIs, Mastercard
- Dr. Hartwig Gerhartinger, Vice President Legal and Regulatory, Deputy General Counsel, Paysafe Group
- Craig James, CEO, Neopay
- Kevin McAdam, Vice President Card Services & Global Strategy, Global Processing Services
- Siobhan Moore, Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Peter Sidenius, Director, Edgar, Dunn & Company
- Mike Smith, Payments Industry Board Advisor
- Paul Swinton, CEO, B4B Payments
Notes to Editors
Joining the PIF Board are:
Jason Field, Director, FinTech & EMIs, Mastercard
Jason has 15 years' of payment industry experience at Mastercard, and is currently responsible for the account management, and strategic growth, of a number of established prepaid issuers and new, dynamic entrants into the FinTech and EMI space.
Prior to his current role, Jason was the Prepaid Product Lead for Europe, with regional responsibility for innovation, product development, go-to-market strategy and commercialisation of the Mastercard portfolio of prepaid products, and is widely regarded as a seasoned prepaid expert.
Prior to joining Mastercard, Jason spent time at the National Criminal Intelligence Service and was also a wellsite geologist working for Amoco. Jason holds a Masters Degree in Petroleum Geology and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Earth Sciences.
Kevin McAdam, Vice President Card Services & Global Strategy, Global Processing Services
Kevin joined Global Processing Services (GPS) in August 2018, where he is responsible for driving the business product development and global strategic aspirations working across the payments industry.
Kevin was previously Prepaid & Compliance Director at allpay, where he oversaw allpay's Prepaid Business Division and Group Compliance team.
Kevin is a global prepaid specialist with experience of developing and launching a full suite of different prepaid products and services within the public and private sectors in the UK and North American markets.
- PIF is a not-for-profit industry body representing organisations who are regulated under e-money and payment services regulations and who operate in the prepaid and fintech sectors. PIF was formed in 2007 with a mission to protect and advance prepaid as an enabler of innovative financial products and services. For further information, visit www.prepaidforum.org or follow us @prepaidintforum
- PIF Board members are appointed for a three-year term, after which directors must either retire or seek re-election
- The PIF Board oversees the business and affairs of the organisation and is composed of 11 non-executive directors and 1 executive director. The Board's Steering Group, which is composed of the Chairman, executive director and additional at-large Board members, exercises the authority of the Board in the management of PIF's affairs during intervals between Board meetings.
For further information
T: +44 (0) 7736 971986