17 December 2014 – For groups of friends or families holidaying over the festive period, holiday budgets can be unnecessarily complicated. There are usually hotel, restaurant, and miscellaneous bills to be settled, which can lead to awkward verbal wrangling as to who picks up the tab, along with a string of promises as to who will ‘get the next one’. However, PrePay Solutions, Europe’s leading prepaid services company, today reveals that the answer may be as simple as purchasing a prepaid travel money card before leaving.
Ray Brash, CEO of PrePay Solutions, explains:
“Sharing costs associated with holidays can get complicated and travellers can use one travel card account with two separate cards as a means to manage designated spend while abroad. It is the safest way of taking travel money away with you this Christmas.”
Of course, there are many other reasons why individuals should consider using a prepaid card when travelling over the holidays:
- Acceptance: A travel money card uses the MasterCard® Acceptance network and can be used in millions of locations around the world.
- Foreign exchange: Prepaid cards offer competitive foreign currency exchange rates and often lock rates in. This keeps the cost of spending money abroad down and helps the user to budget.
- No transaction charge: No fee is charged on purchases at shops and restaurants when using a prepaid card.
- Security: Prepaid cards provide the safety of Chip and PIN, but are not directly linked to a bank account. This means that there is no fear of becoming overdrawn and if you should lose or have your card stolen, your bank account cannot be accessed.
- Available to all: To qualify for a prepaid travel card there are no credit checks or financial requirements.
Ray Brash continues:
“A prepaid travel card is a safe, easy way to take the worry out of holiday spending money. You can load it throughout the year so that you know exactly how much you have to treat yourself while you are away. Through our work with the travel agent TUI, we have developed a travel money card supported by an online framework that takes the hassle out of the holiday expenditure and is available from over 750 UK travel agents.”
PrePay Solutions is Europe’s leading prepaid services company. It is jointly owned by Edenred, the world leader in prepaid corporate services, and MasterCard Worldwide, Europe’s leading prepaid network. Drawing on more than 13 years experience and the combined strengths of its shareholders, PrePay Solutions delivers excellence in prepaid.
PrePay Solutions offers a range of payment services including Transaction Processing, eWallet provision, Compliance and Fraud Services, Supply Chain management, Customer Services, Marketing and Programme Design.
The company is present in 22 countries and provides services to more than 50 blue chip organisations. It has clients across the retail, corporate, online, mobile, travel, and financial sectors, and delivers prepaid solutions to some of the largest global brands.
020 7440 8674